Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Am I So Pissed-Off?

The problem is,  I really don't understand _why_ I'm so pissed off.   I've known the guy for less than a week.  And while I was surprised and a bit stunned by his abrupt departure from the group he created,  honestly it didn't really ruin my day.    And I can't really say I was surprised either, by the fact that a couple of days later he showed up again.

It seems to me reasonable to have been annoyed that he showed up again without a word of explanation.   He simply re-joined the FB group and created a new profile on Empire Avenue.    What really made me angry though is that most of the participants in this group immediately fell all over themselves to welcome him back with open arms.    Not one person requested an explanation.

To be fair, explanations do appear to be forthcoming.   And when he finally broke his silence, he did begin with an apology.    And yet,  two picas to the right of  'I apologize',  he breaks forth immediately into talking about his problems with Facebook  (and again,  to be fair,  I can appreciate them) and then goes on to talk about 'giving everyone a chance to buy in'  before he connects his 'major networks' to the new EA account.   And everyone is slapping him on the back and saying how great it is to see him again.   And I sit here typing this little account of the story and honestly don't know why I am So angry about all this.    Ron downloaded a cartoon once-- it's late at night and the wife in her nightclothes is urging her husband to come to bed.   He waves her off and continues typing away at his computer, calling out to her over his shoulder "I can't stop now, somebody is wrong on the Internet!"  

Honestly,  I don't know who if anyone is "wrong" in this instance.    Nothing seems to be black and white, cut and dried in this instance.    A friend shared with me that what bothers Her is that he's opening up all this drama.   I can handle drama, though, so I don't think that is it for me.   For now,  I continue trying to figure out my feelings about all of this.   And I keep biting my tongue so as not to say much of anything until I can come to understand why I'm so pissed off.

No comments: