Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I've rarely been

more happy to be wrong. I was absolutely shocked that McCain graciously conceded and the presidential election was firmly and clearly decided before midnight eastern time. When I went to bed last night, the word was that Arizona's same sex marriage ban had passed but California's had failed. It was a huge disappointment this morning to learn that California voters did in fact vote to deny a basic right to many of their fellow citizens. Closer to home, I was not surprised that the Washington governor's race was still up in the air. This morning's surprising news that Republican Dino Rossi has conceded was a relief.

Even more of a relief is that we have for now reached the end of the endless string of negative political commercials that have dominated tee vee for the past I don't know how long. I'm watching the noon local news and it is so nice to no longer be hearing all those horrible ads. Our long national nightmare will soon be over.

No comments: